Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Finished Yarn.... and 1 hour Hats

Well, I finally finished spinning my Yorkshire Rainbow Merino:

123g
750 metres
100% merino
2 ply lace weight yarn
spun on my Ashford Traveller wheel


Feeling very happy with this yarn, just got to decide what to knit with it.











I made these 3 adult sized hats over the weekend. They are knit from a super chunky 100% wool yarn.

I cast on 44 stitches, joined for knitting in the round and knit 6 rows garter stitch for the brim. For the square hats I just continued knitting straight until I had enough yarn left to do a 3 needle bind off. The skeins were 100g and 60 mtrs each. My gauge was 10 sts & 14 rows to 10 cm.

For the beanie type hat I worked 10 rows in stocking stitch then began shaping by working knit 7, K2tog all around. All the alternate rows were knit. Next row K5, K2 tog and so on until the last round was K2tog all around. I made a pom pom out of the leftovers. These are good winter hats, but not needed here at the moment as Spring has properly sprung:










I also finished off my crochet blanket, which is drying at the moment. I will post pics next time!










No comments:

Post a Comment