Search This Blog

Thursday, October 15, 2015

A Merino Baby Dress

I cast on this cute little baby dress earlier in the week. It's to send to a dear family friend in England who is expecting a little girl later in the year. It's the second time I've knit this dress:


The dress is knit top down as you can see, the neck part is worked back and forth flat to create an opening (which later becomes a button band) that sits at the front of the dress. Halfway down the yoke is joined and is then knit in the round. The skirt section has a slight A-Line shape. I plan to finish the hem with a further stripe of the pink merino.
The pattern is Little Sister's Dress by Tora Froseth Design.




The yarn I chose for the dress is Mackenzie Merino 4 ply in natural and the pink trim is just a bit of hand dyed merino sock wool that I had left over from something else.
I hope to finish it over the weekend.

Apeldoorn Tulips are just coming into bloom in my garden. These particular ones always make me think of Keukenhof in Holland ~ which has got to be the best place in the world to see tulips. When we lived in Germany we would go to Keukenhof every Spring to see the tulip fields.


I absolutely love this time of year.






No comments:

Post a Comment