Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

A little less progress and a new yarn base.

So much for making progress on the mitts. I ended up going back about 30 rows because I noticed I had made a mistake on the palm side.

My new yarn base arrived today and I am thrilled with it. It's a 80% superwash merino & 20% nylon base but it has a nice cabled twist which is like the Cherry Tree Hill Supersock Select base that I stock. The new base is wonderfully soft. I dyed 2 skeins of my Two-Lips colourway on it today just to try it out and I think I'm smitten:

I will have more new colours to put in the shop over the next few days :-)

2 comments:

  1. My Jayne! You really have an eye for color. That Two Lips is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Julie, it's a really nice colour and as my garden is full of these blooms at the moment I had to take advantage lol! My Son said it reminds him of the lipstick counter at our department store, hence the name :-)

    ReplyDelete